Friday, January 4, 2013

First flat of the year

Did anyone lose a screw on the Arizona Canal path, between 19th and 25th Ave? Black, Philips head, 5/8 inch long with 1/8 inch pitch? Because today I found it, when I ran over it with my bike.

In all my miles of biking, I've run over lots of sharp, protruding things that have punctured a bike tire: goatheads, sharp rocks, glass shards, goatheads, nails, staples, goatheads, and countless unidentified metal snags. Oh, and goatheads. But never before today had I gotten a flat with a screw, just as never before today had I removed a foreign object from my tire using a screwdriver in the usual way one uses a screwdriver. I suppose I could have pulled the screw out using macho strength, but it was so easy just to give it a few counterclockwise turns. Out it came.

No comments: