Sunday, August 2, 2009

This guy is SO you!

It's not intentional that I'm unique. Or, more accurately, it's not my aim to be unique. It just happens that I think most people make poor life choices and I care not to tread down all the same paths as them.

And yet this week I received no fewer than three instances of different people telling me about three different people and how those people are like me. Or maybe it's that I'm like them. The funny thing is that the three people to whom I was compared all, well, have something wrong with them. Or so that's how it's perceived.

Here are the three comparisons, in the order in which I received them:
  1. From my sister, Rachel, via email:
    from Rachel
    to Craig
    date Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:20 AM

    Jason (and me, some) started watching Showtime's "Dexter" this weekend. Jason actually loves and managed to squeeze in the entire first season in addition to demolishing the upstairs flooring and re-piping all the upstairs hot water. Anway, have you seen it? The premise is a guy name Dexter is a serial killer but he's a hero because he only kills really bad people. Troubling? Yes! No, what's freaky is this guy is SO you! Do I need to run a background check?

  2. From Laura, via text:

    From: Laura
    They made a movie about you. We must go see it!
    7:55A Fri Jul31

    From: Craig
    You too? My sister wrote me saying there's a tv show about a serial killer who's just like me.
    8:10A Fri Jul31

    From: Laura
    Nice! Please dont target brunettes from long island. Anyway my movie has a guy with Asperger's.
    8:22A Fri Jul31
  3. From Coworker Neil, via office email:
    from Coworker Neil
    to Coworker Craig
    sent Fri 7/31/2009 11:53 AM

    Is this you in 40 years time?

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111091624
(The last one, the one from Coworker Neil, is about a seventy-six year old homeless retired engineer who died and bequeathed $4M to various non-profit charities, including $400K to NPR. There, I saved you the trouble of laboriously dragging the mouse cursor to the link provided; clicking it; and, gosh, reading a whole article!)

So there you go. People who know me take me for a socially inept, serial-killing homeless miser. Sounds like a pretty good life choice to me.

1 comment:

silverfunk said...

Wow Craig, that sums you up to a T.